Supporting Veterans Through COVID-19
The coronoavirus, COVID-19, is impacting Florida’s veterans, active duty military members and their families. As many organizations are being forced to close their doors, our veterans are unable to work and provide an income to support their families.
PROJECT: VetRelief is teaming up with the Florida Veterans Foundation to support those who are affected by this pandemic. We are anticipating that we will be see a substantial increase in the number of applications requesting assistance over the next
few months. Both programs are privately funded and are not equipped to fund the expected demand of our veteran community.
Please find it in your heart to donate so that we can make a greater impact and support all service members who need us during this chaotic time.
- Veteran, Active Duty Military, or Immediate Family Member (Spouse, Legal Guardian, or Child)
- Acceptable Discharges: Honorable or General Under Honorable Conditions
- Florida Resident for minimum of 120 Days
- Show Sustainability – balance of income and expenses
- Experiencing an unforeseeable emergency
- Provided for necessities: shelter, utilities, food (in the form of a gift card), and some transportation and medical expenses
- Funds are granted one-time annually per household
Additional process for COVID-19:
- Applicants who are experiencing loss of income must show proof via pay stubs or letter from employer.
- Phone interview with local VetRelief Advocate will be accepted.
- To avoid depletion of funds, a monthly financial cap will be put in place.
HOW TO SUBMIT:
Please send the application, DD-214 (member 4 copy), proof of temporary/permanent layoff due to coronavirus, and the bill for which you are requesting assistance to: email@example.com or by fax (407) 299-0901.
For the safety of our staff and volunteers, our office is closed to outside visitors. Therefore, we will not take any walk-in appointments or applications that are hand-delivered.
HOW YOU CAN HELP:
PROJECT: VetRelief has partnered with the Florida Veterans Foundation on raising funds to accommodate the increased needs of our veteran community. Please donate so that together we can assist all those who need our support.
DONATION LINK: http://www.helpflvets.org/covid-19-support/